What do we offer?
Admissions and customer service
- Free information and advice on the courses and training opportunities available at the college. If we don’t offer the course you are looking for, we will help you to find information about other relevant providers.
- Information and advice about other college course-related services such as transport, finance and accommodation
- Web, telephone and in-person enquiry service for college courses and related matters
- Admissions service to administer and support all applications and enrolments for college courses and learner support funds
Student support and counselling
- Information, advice and pastoral support for students on a wide range of matters related to studies and personal lives, including referral to external services such as counselling, housing, health etc.
- Confidential counselling service for full-time further education students
We aim to…
- Offer services that are confidential and impartial, open and transparent
- Communicate with you in a friendly, professional manner
- Provide the right information at the right time to enable you to make informed decisions about courses and related services
- Provide effective pastoral support and counselling to help you overcome barriers to completing your course and achieving your full potential whilst at college
Please help us by…
- Attending appointments on time and providing us with any information we request from you
- Treating college staff and premises with politeness and respect
- Being patient whilst we deal with your request for information or support
Find out more using the links below:
- Financial help
- Course fees
- Learning and personal support
- Ask a question
- Traveling to college
- Course equipment
Tell us about our service…
Tell us what we are doing well, or what we could do differently or better. Tell us in person, by telephone or online here. Your comments are valued and will be used to make improvements to our systems and processes.
If your query/issue remains unresolved and/or you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can make a formal complaint. Complaint forms are freely available at both campuses as well as online here .
The college has a data protection policy in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998. Included within this policy is the data the college holds about its students/prospective students and the responsibilities it has regarding this information. No data about a student/prospective student will be divulged to a third party without their consent. For more information please contact student services who will be able to provide you with a copy of the full policy.