The College of West Anglia
01.04.2019

Students Hold Charity Car Wash for Purple Day

Students from the college’s King’s Lynn hosted a charity car wash on Tuesday 26th March for Purple Day.

Purple Day is celebrated nationwide to help raise awareness of epilepsy in young people. The students held the car wash to raise money for Young Epilepsy, a registered charity that helps create better futures for young lives with epilepsy and associated conditions.

The students washed and waxed motors throughout the day and raised £60 for Young Epilepsy.

Students from the level 1 Mechanics course at the college got stuck in, cleaning cars before being presented with a certificate by CWA Assistant Principal, Andrew Gedge, at the end of the day to acknowledge their hard work.

He said: “It’s great to see our students come together and work hard all afternoon for a great cause. Hopefully this will inspire staff and students to organise more wonderful charity fundraising events like this in the future.”

Event organiser and co-ordinator, Lexy Compton-Merritt said: “I have epilepsy myself, so I know how hard it is to live with this condition daily, that is why I organised this car wash. Even if we had only raised enough to help support one person I would have been satisfied. To raise this amount is fantastic.”