Why choose CWA?
CWA has an excellent track record in developing the skills and talents of our students. This is achieved through a combination of great teaching by a team of highly-trained, industry-experienced staff and excellent facilities designed to prepare students for employment and further study. Don’t just take our word for it – see what our students have to say about their experience:
Deciding what to do after you have finished your GCSEs is a hard decision. Studying at sixth form might seem like the easiest choice, or the route you’re being advised to take – however, studying at college could be the best decision you ever make!
We treat you like an adult
Treating you like an adult helps make you more independent and responsible.
You can wear your own clothes
You can express your individuality, wearing your own clothes. Some students even wear the work outfit they would wear in employment.
You will make new friends
As well as the new students in your class, you will meet those studying other courses. Our social spaces allow you to get to know each other.
We have industry-trained staff
Our tutors are industry-trained and pass on their real-world experience to you. Instead of ‘sir’ and ‘miss’ you call your tutors by their first name.
Gain more than just qualifications
Our study programmes offer more than just a qualification. We enrich our courses to make you work-ready – find out more about iCWA here.
Learn in specialist facilities
We invest in our facilities and buildings to ensure you learn in an industry-standard environment.
At college you’ll be treated like adult, gain independence, explore and broaden your interests, pursue your goals and meet lifelong friends.Our excellent track record of success includes:
- Our 16-18 year old student achievement rate is 83% (2016/17)
- Modern facilities
- Excellent links with employers
- Highly trained staff with industry experience
- High levels of support, including student services and learning support
- Our apprenticeship provision was graded ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted at our latest inspection (March 2017)
Your future starts here
Studying at CWA equips you for your future career – our courses are designed to help you to achieve your goals. Many of our students continue in education, whether it be continuing from a level 2 course to a level 3, or a level 3 course onto a degree, or to an apprenticeship.
In 2015/16, once they had finished their studies:
- 14% of our students went straight into paid employment
- 5% of our students went into higher education (degree level)
- 42% of our students continued studying with another further education (level 1, 2 or 3) course
- 4% of our students gained an apprenticeship