We are here to help you make those all-important choices by offering you impartial, individual Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) to enable you to make informed decisions about planning for your future.
This is available for our current, past and potential students. We have qualified Careers Advisors who can provide you with confidential IAG to help you with your chosen career options if you know what they are or help you find them if you do not!
You can find that all important IAG from your Work placement & Career Coordinator (WP&CC), the Learning Resource Specialists (based in the LRC’s) or from Ann Compton, the Careers and Destinations Manager, also based in the LRC.
To book an appointment with the LRS, either visit them in person or book on line via the careers page on LEARN or contact us the Career Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can help you to:
- Explore career options & progression routes
- Build your skills for Interviews
- Marketing yourself in the digital age
- Create an effective CV/profile
- Your digital reputation
- Identify your key strengths, skills and areas for development
- Search for jobs/ apply for a job
- Labour market information
- Identify your key strengths and skills
- Employability & interview skills
- University choices and higher education
- UCAS personal statements
All students (current, past and potential) can access Career Coach this is an online interactive tool which helps you to identify your skills and qualities by answering a series of questions. It combines your search with information about the labour market, the kind of jobs you may wish to consider and the amount of money you could potentially earn.