What is the Prince’s Trust Team Programme?
The Prince’s Trust Team Programme is a 12-week self-development programme for young people aged 16-25years old that are not in employment, education or training.
On the programme, young people undertake a number of fun challenges that support the development of various skills including leadership, teamwork, communication and self-confidence, assisting them to move into further education, apprenticeships or employment.
How is the programme delivered?
The programme is delivered as a collaboration between The Princes Trust, Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and the College of West Anglia. It is delivered three times a year – January, May and September at four delivery points across the region – King’s Lynn, Dereham, North Walsham and Norwich.
What’s the cost?
The programme is completely free and will not affect Jobseeker’s Allowance or other benefits. Bus passes and transport costs may also be reimbursed, subject to location and eligibility.
What happens on the course?
The course allows gives you:
- the opportunity to meet new people, as part of a team of 15 young people for 12 weeks
- an action-packed residential week
- two/three weeks of work experience
- career advice
- practical skills that can help with jobs and in life
- enhanced belief in what can be accomplished
- developed job-seeking, CV building and interview skills
- the chance to take on fundraising activities and community projects
- opportunities to make a difference in the community
How do I sign up?
Please contact your nearest team to receive more information and learn how to enrol on the course.
- King’s Lynn – 07919 492245
- Dereham – 07795 067383
- North Walsham – 07917 351097
- Norwich – 07920 792232