The College of West Anglia sport and leisure department is located at our Sports Campus, housed at Alive Lynnsport in King’s Lynn, giving you access to some of the best teaching and sports facilities in the region.
Our recently launched apprenticeships cater for those interested in work-based learning, offering a range of intermediate and advanced apprenticeships in areas such as leadership and coaching, exercise and fitness instructing, personal training, leisure operations and supporting teaching and learning in school sport.
We also run elite sports academies for students with high sporting ability who want to combine their academic studies whilst developing in their sport.
We believe everyone can benefit from sport and physical activity, and CWA Active provides recreational sport and physical activity opportunities for all college students, regardless of which course they are studying, as well as all staff members.
We have a strong team of highly skilled and industry-experienced staff, as well as strong links with organisations such as British Colleges Sport, England Colleges Football Association, King’s Lynn Community Football, Kings Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council, Sports Development Unit, Active Norfolk, Living Sport, Top Coaching, Norwich City Football Club, and West Norfolk Rugby Club to name a few.
- Professional/semi-professional sportsperson
- Personal trainer
- PE teacher
- Sports coach
- Fitness/leisure centre supervisor/manager
- Fitness instructor
- Outdoor activity instructor
- Sports development officer/manager
- Sports biomechanist
- Sports nutritionist
- Physiotherapist/sports therapist
- Sports psychologist
- LTA Education Venue of the Year 2015
- FA College Football Development Hub 2015
- England Basketball School of Basketball 2014
- British College Sport College of Year Finalist 2014
- RFU Presidents XV College of the Year 2013
- LTA FE College of the Year 2012
Telephone: 01553 815506