The College of West Anglia

Council Tax Exemption

Full-time students may be entitled to student status for council tax purposes. When applying for an exemption or discount of council tax, you may be required to provide a certificate/letter proving that you are in education.To check your eligibility for an exemption certificate, please click here.

If you require a council tax exemption certificate, please complete the below form. Please note that we are are unable to provide council exemption certificates until after the first six weeks of your course. We will contact you via email when your certificate is ready to collect from student services.