Where is the venue?
King’s Lynn Corn Exchange
Tuesday Market Place
How do I book tickets?
- Graduates may be accompanied by a maximum of two guests to the graduation ceremony.
- To book graduate and guest tickets please visit our online shop.
- Tickets will be available from May 1st until September 7th.
- Any unsold tickets will be offered for resale after this date.
- All graduates will be sent invitations with details of how to book tickets before the tickets go on sale and also notified when unsold tickets will go on sale.
- Graduates are invited free of charge but must book a free ticket.
- Guest tickets are priced at £20 per adult and £12.00 per child (18 and under). Due to the formality and length of the ceremony, it is not suitable for children under the age of 10.
- All guest tickets will be posted out to the students registered address in September.
- Please ensure you make the HE support team aware if you have a change of address during the year so your tickets can be posted out to the correct address.
- Graduates will collect their tickets at the Corn Exchange by way of registering their attendance on the day of the ceremony.
Will I need a Ceremonial Gown?
Ceremonial gowns are required for the day and must be hired from Ede & Ravenscroft.
In order to hire a gown, visit this website, enter ‘College of West Anglia’ under institution and follow instructions: https://www.gownhire.co.uk/Gownhire/FindInstitution.aspx
When do I collect the Ceremonial Gown?
On the morning of the ceremony, between 9-11am, you must collect your gown from the university centre building, King’s Lynn campus, Tennyson Avenue, Kings Lynn PE30 2QW. Please bring your Ede & Ravenscroft receipt with you as proof of order.
Ede & Ravenscroft’s professional photographer will be located in the university centre building at the King’s Lynn campus from 9:00-11:00 and 14:00 – 16:00 on the day if you wish to have an individual portrait of you as well as photographs with family members.
We recommend you pre book a slot via email email@example.com or telephone 01223 861 854.
Further information is available from: www.edeandravenscroft.com/graduation-services/photography/
Where can I park?
Graduands and their guests can park on campus for free and make their own way to the King’s Lynn Corn Exchange. Please note this is approximately a 20 minute walk.
Alternatively guests can drive and use one of the pay & display car parks located near the King’s Lynn Corn Exchange in the town centre. More details on parking options can be found here: https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/kings_lynn/
What happens on the day?
Graduation day itinerary:
- From 9:30
Graduands and their guests arrive at the CWA King’s Lynn campus on Tennyson Avenue. Parking on campus is free.
Graduands must collect their robes from rooms 119 and 120 upstairs in the University Centre.
Once robed graduands can have their official photos taken in rooms 19 and 20 downstairs in the University centre if they wish to do so.
- 11:00am Robing/photography studios will close.
All graduands must be robed by this time.
If you have not had time to have your official photographs taken there will be a further opportunity after the ceremony.
Please check the route from the college to the venue before the day.
- 12:00pm Graduation ceremony will commence
Guests of graduands will be seated together at the front of the theatre.
Guests with mobility issues who have notified the college, will be allocated an aisle seat, wheelchair users will sit with one guest in the designated wheelchair seating area of the Corn Exchange.
Graduands will sit in rows in alphabetical surname order with your course group, you will be led onto the stage by your course director.
You will shake the hand of the college principal and an ARU academic and then be presented with a scroll by your course director.
You will then leave the stage and return back to your seat.
After all graduates have received their scrolls, the principal will address the congregation and invite Doctor Apurba Kundu from ARU to present the UCWA Student of the Year award.
A nominated graduate will give a vote of thanks on behalf of the 2018 graduates.
The head of Higher Education at UCWA Chris Challender, will ask the graduates to stand and move their tassels on their mortar boards to the left as this signifies graduation.
The chair of governors for the College of West Anglia will close the ceremony and ask guests to stand until after the procession has left the room
- Circa 13:15 Ceremony closes
The Mayoral party, graduates and staff will leave the Corn Exchange and process around the town centre, returning to the Corn Exchange.
What about the procession?
PLEASE NOTE – the procession for graduates is optional.
To see a map of the procession, please click here.
- From 14:00 approx Graduates and guests make their way back to the King’s Lynn campus Tennyson Avenue, King’s Lynn PE30 2QW
A buffet and refreshments will be provided in the ground floor of the tower block for all ticket holders at the King’s Lynn campus.
- By 16:00 All robes must be returned and the photography studios will close.
- At 16:30 Event closes.